Job Title: Refrigeration Project Manager
Location: Our office is based in Trafford Park, Manchester, however you will be required to work across the whole of the UK, project dependant.
Hours: 40 hour week, Monday to Friday, with the occasional weekend work depending on the project.
Salary: A competitive salary, car, mobile phone, company laptop, pension, health care and life insurance. In addition, you will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
About our Company:
Seward Refrigeration is one of the UK’s leading independent companies specialising in the design, installation, commissioning, service and maintenance of industrial and commercial refrigeration systems. As a long-established company, we have a wealth of experience held by our directors, and employees working in numerous environments from food processing, ice cream & dairy production, meat processing, cold storage, breweries and beverage production to pharmaceutical and plastic extrusion.
The post of Refrigeration Project Manager is a key role to our business and one that requires the individual to have a high level of attention to detail, good time management, and experience in managing Industrial installation projects. This position requires an individual who is dedicated to the role, and the projects would range from small commercial applications to large industrial installations; Predominantly for refrigeration plants operating with, ammonia, CO2, propane, secondary glycol fluids and HFC refrigerants.
You will need to demonstrate that you have strong management skills, be a good communicator and that you have a long, established work experience within project management in the refrigeration sector.
Duties and responsibility:
- You will need to take leadership, plan, and communicate. A good communicator is a key factor and to have means to connect and liaise with people at all levels of a project with the ability to influence, motivate and mentor.
- Managing all mechanical & electrical sub-contractors and engineers.
- Submitting monthly payment applications depending on materials delivered too site and works completed.
- Continuously monitoring all work between colleagues and sub-contractors to maximise efficiency. You will need to set certain levels of expectations of quality that you want to receive from your team.
- Place orders with suppliers / sub-contractors for materials and labour, including all plant hire.
- Working alongside our design engineers and CAD operators.
- Attention to budgets and keeping a tight control on costs.
- Aiming to achieve snag free completion and where snagging occurs to ensure it is resolved promptly to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Compiling all site documentation via electronic and hard copies in accordance with the company filing structure.
- Continuously assess and track the work being carried out and ensure that health and safety is priority.
- Knowledge in CDM Regulations, Risk Management, dealing with day-to-day risk assessments, able to liaise with our Health and Safety Manager and to make sure that your site team and our sub-contractors have all mandatory training. Ensure they are working safely, up to date with toolbox talks and they are wearing the correct PPE.
- You will need to carry out regular inspections and audits and monitor services in line with a site programme of works and to report and re-address any issues to avoid accidents and injuries.
- You must be organised and keep on top of site project files, site health and safety documentation and ensure that our engineers are aware of their health and safety responsibilities. You must be able to think about any potential health and safety issues that may arise and have an action plan as a response on how to deal with any issues.
- Variations - Alterations to the scope of works when requested.
- Attending site meetings and liaising with the client, to ensure the project is handed over on time, and to specification.
Experience, Skills & Requirements
- A wealth of experience within the refrigeration sector
- Project management experience a must.
- A clean full driving licence and must be prepared to travel across the UK.
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Helen Lowe. email@example.com