Our office is based in Trafford Park, Manchester, however you will be required to travel across the whole of the UK, project dependant.
40 hour week, Monday to Friday.
A competitive salary, mobile phone, company car or car allowance, 4% employers pension, health care and death in service. In addition, you will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
About our Company:
Seward Refrigeration Ltd are one of the UK’s leading independent companies specialising in the design, installation, service and maintenance of industrial and commercial refrigeration systems. Operating all over the UK, with a wealth of experience held by its founders, directors and employees, the company’s activities are diverse and forward thinking, serving primarily industries which include food processing, cold storage, breweries and beverages, pharmaceuticals, ice cream and dairy and plastic extrusion, as well as chilled distribution centres.
Job Role, duties and responsibility:
The post of Health & Safety manager is a key role to our business and one that requires a dedicated individual, with a high level of attention to detail. You will need to demonstrate that you have strong management skills, be a good communicator and that you have a long, established work experience within the Health & Safety sector. Preferably in a mechanical engineering background, although this is not essential.
- You will be responsible for preparing and monitoring all health and safety documentation, carrying out site inspections and report writing, accident investigations and annually achieving Alcumus Safecontractor Accreditation.
- You will be involved with site project/CDM for large blue-chip UK and International food manufacturing companies.
- You must have a keen eye, be able to work independently, and work with our highly experienced industrial refrigeration projects and service teams
- You will need to take leadership, plan, and communicate.
- Prepare and monitor the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Overseeing our project manager’s site specific Risk Assessments & Safe Systems of Work, lifting plans and occasionally Construction Phase Plans
- Site inspections, Post work observations, material inspections, tools and apparatus inspections, and report writing
- Prepare/review advisory documents
- Prepare COSHH risk assessments
- Toolbox Talks
- Record near misses, dangerous occurrences and accidents and report these under RIDDOR if necessary, in compliance with the HSWA74.
- Monitor third party/site training /in-house NatWest Mentor training for all staff and keep records updated.
- Complete customer H&S questionnaires and submit liability insurances, examples of our H&S documentation
- Prepare and submit H&S Audit for Safecontractor Accreditation and Approval
- Vetting and monitoring all sub-contractors and obtain their insurances, certification etc.
- Complete/record and file all Waste Consignment notes for all hazardous waste that Seward Refrigeration produce
- Keep records and issuing / condition of engineer’s personal protective equipment and specialised tools
- Monitor In-house facilities and resources
- Monitor and replace first aid facilities (for engineer’s vans and on the premises)
Experience, Skills & Requirements
- A wealth of experience within the Health & Safety sector. Preferably in a mechanical engineering background, although this is not essential.
- Ideally Diploma Qualified in Health and Safety (NEBOSH as a minimum requirement)
- A clean full driving licence and must be prepared to travel across the UK.
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Kim Fowles Kim@sewardrl.co.uk